ALL ACDelco Heavy Duty Batteries feature lead calcium expanded grids (lead calcium technology) for improved resistance to corrosion, gassing, and water usage, self-discharge and thermal runaway, all of which limit battery life in conventional lead acid batteries. This high performance range of Heavy Duty Batteries are built to withstand all terrains and beatings. They are purposely built with extra thick plates for a greater crank and vibration resistance.
Features & Benefits
- Sealed Maintenance Free with lead calcium expanded grids
- Built in hydrometer (most batteries) – Indicates state of charge.
- Factory-sealed – Makes these batteries maintenance free.
- Polypropylene case – Reinforced design is precisely tailored to support the battery elements to withstand road shock and vibration. This strong durable material combines light weight with high impact strength.
- Liquid-gas separator area – Returns liquid to reservoir for longer life.
- Integrated or rope handle – For ease of transport and installation.
- Flame arrester – Safety system, prevents explosion from sparks outside the battery, minimises acid leakage, prevents inflow of dust.
- Heat sealed covers – Helps prevent electrolyte contamination and increase case strength.
- Centred cast on plate strap – Stronger than thinner gas-burned conventional connectors.
- Low resistance envelope separators – Encapsulated negative plates help to prevent shorting / treeing between negative and positive plates as well as aid vibration durability.
Increased battery shelf life – Compared to conventional batteries, up to 12 months shelf life without charging due to the use of calcium / calcium grids.
Trucks / Commercial / Industrial: 12 months from date of purchase.
If an ACDelco Automotive Part is defective (other than for the warranty exclusions specified below) during the applicable period, we will replace or repair it at our cost. To make a claim please return the part to the place of purchase, or your nearest authorised ACDelco stockist. This voluntary warranty is given by GM Holden Ltd (trading as ACDelco) of 191 Salmon Street, Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. For customer assistance, please call us toll free on 1800 ACDelco (1800 223 352).
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits under this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have at law.
This warranty does not cover:
Normal wear and tear.
Labour for removal, and replacement of the unit, from the vehicle unless prior written approval has been obtained from ACDelco.
Parts which have been subjected to deliberate abuse.
Conditions resulting from abnormal wear, negligence, alterations or accidents.
Parts used in an incorrect application or parts that are not used for their intended purpose.
Q. Will using ACDelco parts void my new vehicle warranty offered by the vehicle manufacturer?
A. As ACDelco products are made to exacting standards, their use should not affect your vehicle warranty provided the correct part is used and is correctly fitted. However, if the use of a correctly installed ACDelco part causes a component failure in your vehicle that is not covered by the manufacturer, ACDelco will, subject to the above Warranty Conditions, cover the cost of repair.
Q.The manufacturer of my vehicle has rejected a warranty claim as they are claiming the failure was caused by a faulty ACDelco part, will ACDelco cover the repairs?
A. In the unlikely event that it is determined that an ACDelco part has led to a component failure in your vehicle ACDelco will cover the cost of the repair, subject to the above Warranty Conditions.
Q. How do I make a warranty claim?
A. In the first instance contact the place of purchase. Should you require further assistance contact ACDelco on 1800 223 352.